Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Artist Statement

As a modern comedian, my message of manic neuroses should not be confined to a single medium. I desire to communicate my material through video, film, blogging and everything else. As an avid consumer of television, film and web-content, a good deal of my humor is based in the pop-culture/ media realm, and it only makes sense to transfer these jokes from the stage into a multi-media arena. From creating material, to promoting said material, I strive to maintain a strong personal voice: tech-savvy, political and always satirical. Among other endeavors, I hope to utilize Twitter as a tool for entertainment and self-promotion. I want to turn the modern cornucopia of media on itself, so that it may be dissected with hilarious results!
With a background in Theatre, and experience in improv and standup comedy, I desire to branch into television and film, through the study of screenwriting, film-making and any other experience that I can grasp. Equally important is the necessity to learn the ability to promote and sell my material, and develop my brand. The absolute most important thing is that through all of this, I have the work to take seriously, so that I don't have to take myself seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment